Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday evening in Ha Noi

Rooftops of Ha Noi
It's been an eventful day (see previous post about my new BFF Bill Clinton) and tomorrow promises to be even more exciting. We will be starting our work with our Vietnamese partners at 8am tomorrow morning at the Vietnamese Academy of Traditional Medicine. I'll facilitate a workshop on "classroom teaching methods" all day Monday, make a presentation on "nutrition for hospitalized patients" on Tuesday afternoon, and participate in an all-day workshop on curriculum development on Wednesday. On Tuesday morning, Dr. DeBourgh, Dr. Crow and I have been invited to attend the graduation of some  new Vietnamese physicians. On Wednesday evening, we'll dine with some of our hosts. I hope to tour Bach Mai Hospital with Dr. Thuc on Thursday. I should have many opportunities to try out my growing Vietnamese vocabulary!
I brought hundreds of business cards and hope that I can represent the USF School of Nursing with humor and expertise. I have certainly added greatly to the Vietnamese economy during my stay in the country so far!!! Holiday spoiler alert: everyone is getting great gifts from Ha Noi this year!